Click on the image to visit our NEW IMPROVED website!

Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Ansleigh's Corner

We're back!!

After several months of hard work getting things back together around here, I finally feel like Wilder PR is really back in business, and I can think of no better way to celebrate than a brand new installment of Ansleigh's Corner!

Annette and I decided to take a hiatus from Second Life and were both gone for the majority of 2011.  So much happened during that time! I've been diligently working on completing my degree (just a few months to go!) and getting ready for graduation and life in the real world while Annette has been focused on her RL career.

I wondered often in the time I was gone if I would ever come back to Second Life.  In the spring of this year, I started signing in every now and then just to look around.  I discovered a lot had changed while I'd been gone.  There were lots of new things to see, perhaps the most impressive being the addition of mesh clothing to the grid.  I was sad to see that some of my favorite landmarks now led nowhere, and a few of our former clients have moved on to other things.  Many of them, however, continue to thrive in SL, which is no surprise and makes me extremely proud to have worked with them.

In May, I was in Myrtle Beach getting ready to run a half marathon, and, being too nervous to sleep the night before, decided to wander around Second Life a bit.  Who should come online at just the same time but the one and only Annette Wilder! We caught up a bit and she wished me luck in my race and I signed off thinking wistfully of the good ole days at Wilder PR.  Annette and I talked a lot over the next few weeks and decided that now might be a good time to reopen Wilder Public Relations.

I was so excited to be coming back to work, but there was certainly a lot to be done.  We've been working hard, and everything is finally falling back into place.  We have a brand new website, a brand new partnership with AVENUE Inc, and a brand new client in the lovely Vikeejeah Xevion of Loovus Dzevavor and LD Major.  Together with AVENUE, we'll be handling all of the publicity for Ms. Xevion's brands, and we're very excited for the great things we'll be collaborating on very soon.

We're also gearing up for the return of The Wilder Side of Business this month.  Annette and I had such a great time putting on the radio show and getting to know prominent personalities from around the grid, and we are so excited to be bringing it back.  Check our blog for specific dates for new episodes and get ready for our first ever series: Mesh.  We'll be talking to a variety of mesh designers to learn more about this new medium and its potential.

As you can tell, Wilder PR is back in a big way and we could not be more excited.  We look forward to reconnecting with our old clients and meeting new ones as well.  If you are interested in PR services from Wilder, send us a query through the contact page on our website.  We'd love to hear from you!

As always, we'd like to extend our deepest appreciation to our clients, both old and new, our colleagues, and friends.  Your support and encouragement have been instrumental in our decision to return to Second Life, and we look forward to the great success we'll achieve together.

Wishing you only the best,
Ansleigh Beverly
COO Wilder Public Relations Firm